วันอาทิตย์ที่ 23 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2551

2. Apologizing / saying sorry
You apologize before or while you are doing things which you think may offend people or after sneezing, coughing, hiccupping, burping, etc.
People typically use apologies for a variety of reasons such as:
1.To say that they are sorry เพื่อแสดงความเสียใจ
2.To explain why the offense happened เพื่ออธิบายสิ่งที่กระทำผิดไปแล้ว
3.To make a repair for the offense and maintain a good relationship with the addressee. เพื่อแก้ไขการกระทำผิด และรักษาสัมพันธภาพ
Saying sorry:
- I’m sorry.
- I’m very sorry.
- I’m terribly sorry.
- I’m extremely sorry.
- I really do apologize.
- Please forgive me.
- Please accept my apologies.
- Pardon me.
- Excuse me.
Accepting apology:
- That’s all right.
- That’s OK.
- Not at all.
- Not to worry.
- Please don’t worry.
- It doesn’t matter.
- It doesn’t matter at all.
- It really doesn’t matter at all.
- Forget it.
- Let’s forget it.
People apologize in different ways in different situations. If someone complains, you can apologize and:
- give an excuse (แก้ตัว) "I didn't realize"
- admit a mistake (ยอมรับผิด) "I'm sorry for the problem."
- make an offer (เสนอข้อแก้ไข) "I'll turn it down."
- make a promise (ให้คำมั่นสัญญา) "It won't happen again."

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: